ingat nak try buat sicillian orange cake mcm kak rima (bisous a toi) tp takde pan yg cun so pakai pan ni je la.. maybe jadi silly orange cake kot hahaha
tp dah gatal nak tokok tambah resipi, jg gebu dan 'rugged' mcm ni pulak dah..
haiya.. berbulu pun ada hehe tp lepas tgk jd camni, terus tuang semua adunan dlm satu bekas.. jd kek yg cantik dan rasa tetap sedap. tapi tak hias/drizzle dgn apa2 topping sbb mcm ni dah cukup manis ;)
minta izin cp resepi dari blog Kak Rima
250g lightly salted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
250g caster sugar (umi letak abt 180g)
4 medium eggs
1 1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
250 g self raising flour (umi letak 300g)
85 ml freshly squeezed orange juice (letak 100ml)
For the icing:
125 g icing sugar
5 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
Grease and line a 22-cm clip-sided round cake with non-stick baking paper.
- Using an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar together for 4-5 minutes until very pale. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating very well between each one, if necessary adding a spoonful of flour with the last egg to prevent the mixture from curdling. Beat in the orange zest. Add the flour all at once and mix in well, then slowly mix in the orange juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer, inserted into the centre of the cake, comes out clean. If it starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with a sheet of lightly buttered foil.
- Leave the cake, in its tin, to cool on a wire rack, then carefully remove the sides and base of the tin and peel off the paper. Put it onto a serving plate.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in the orange juice until you have a spreadable consistency. Spread it over the top of the cake, letting it drip down the sides, and leave to set. Serve cut into slices, and store any leftovers in an airtight container.